
I know every mom says it, but I can't believe that my little boy is 2 already! I mean, he seems like an official little boy and not a baby anymore. He's getting so grown up, wanting to do everything by himself, talking all the time, picking up on social cues and developing quite the sense of humor. :) We decided to have a low-key birthday party and just invited 2 families with kids in addition to some nearby relatives.

Eli had the time of his life! Somehow, he figured out that this day was all about him (imagine that). He ran around the yard with the other kids, was so excited to see Thomas on the plates, smiled and looked around at everyone as they sang Happy Birthday to him, and could barely wait to eat the frosting on his train cake!! It made me smile to see him so happy. You could tell he felt so loved and important.


(Looking back, I realized that spending the 2-3 hours making Eli's train cake rather than cleaning my house for guests really was the right thing to do. Eli will remember his train cake but will never have a clue if the house was clean when everyone came over. That being said, should I ever choose to take on another cake again, I will definitely do it the night before and not a mere few hours before the birthday party!)

So, here's to our 2 year old...our little bundle of energy and fun, who makes us laugh out loud multiple times every day, amazes us constantly with his "tricks" and captures our hearts with his larger-than-life personality. We love you, buddy, and thank God for you everyday!
3 comments:
They're two, they're four they're six, they're eight, shunting trucks and hauling freight. Red and green and brown and blue, they're the really useful crew!
WOW on the cake! I share your house cleaning philosophy, but more because I'm lazy than baking!
I can not believe he is two as well! WOW! What a blessing he is in your lives and ours.
You did an amazing job on that cake!
Happy Birthday Precious Eli!
Amy and I love your blog, now that we are finally able to view it! We wish we were saavvy (sp.?) enough to have our families on blogs too--you might actually remember what our children look like if so!!! We are in Corolla, NC viewing your current and archived pictures of your precious family and are sad we're not with you. Love you all!
Auntie Doe and Auntie Amy for ALL
Post a Comment