Saturday, December 06, 2008
Advent Celebrations
We've been celebrating advent over the past week in several different ways. The kids have been playing with their Nativity Set, we've been reading Christmas stories, dancing to Christmas songs, watching Christmas movies, making Christmas cookies, and in general enjoying the season. There have been several occasions where John and I have just looked at each other and smiled because it's so much fun to be able to celebrate this season with our 2 children! Here are some pictures so you can join in on the fun. :)
We found out that Maddie and Eli share the same love for popcorn. Here they are watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
What better way to let the kids help cook than to make cut-out cookies? It's just like play-dough, right? Well, the kids definitely had a blast, but let's just say that the clean-up took longer than the entire cookie baking process!

Everyone ended up with a masterpiece, though, even daddy! They were so proud and I think they even liked eating the finished product better than eating the dough (well, maybe).
And, I just had to include this picture of the kids playing in the snow because it is so typical of Colorado. Notice they're outside without the snow gear. Am I just a bad mommy? No, that's because it was so warm that they didn't need it and the snow was all gone by later that afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Karen, I don't think they could be any cuter! You both are such great parents.
Looks like you are having a ton of fun. Can you send some of the snow this way?
Post a Comment