Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A STAR IS BORN (or turns 4)!

We had Eli's birthday party this past weekend and, oh my word, did he love it! His party was at My Gym and they did an amazing job of making the birthday boy the STAR. And, if you know Eli at all, you will know that he LOVED it and life will pale in comparison now. He got to be the first one to do EVERYTHING, everyone was reminded constantly that it was HIS special day, he got to have extra turns, and he even got his very own Birthday Parade starring...HIM! I must say, my eyes teared up as he was pulled around on his saucer giving everyone high-fives with music blaring. He was BEAMING and it made me so happy to see him feel so loved and special.


After saying all of that, I think the rest of the kids had a good time too. What 2-6 year old wouldn't want to play their brains out for an hour and a half and then eat cake & cheese puffs?? :-)


Eli requested a soccer ball cake which, I must say, is the easiest one I've done so far, so I agreed. Oh, and the hit of the party was the soccer ball shaped sport drinks! So funny what kids love. :-)


The kids were so cute playing and running and listening to stories and then, the Grand Finale... the zipline across the gym. A great end to a great party (and no clean-up, what more can you ask for?).






What a day (or couple hours)! After the party, we headed straight up to the mountains for the long holiday weekend and continued our fun, but that's for another post.

No comments: