Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Easter



Happy Easter (a little late)! I must say, I didn't think about how difficult it is to explain what Easter really means to a child until I was in the middle of trying to do just that. I wanted to let Eli know that Jesus rose again on Easter and that's why we the day is so filled with hope and joy and excitement. But, to explain that He "rose from the grave" means trying to explain why He was in the grave...I finally got to the point on the way to church where I said - "maybe we'll see Jesus at church today." And, He showed up (He's pretty cool like that). We brought Eli into our church service for the songs and there was a slide show with pictures of what Jesus might have looked like while words also came across the screen. And, what do you know, but Eli says "Jesus." See, Jesus makes Himself known to little children, even if we adults struggle with how to "explain" who He is. :)

(Eli wasn't too thrilled about having his picture taken, so you don't see his normal cute smile here)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a good looking family.